With the recent advance in health, Physio south Dunedin is already at an edge by ensuring you are efficient and active in areas you love most, which has earned it one of the largest providers of Physiotherapy.
After that injury, chronic pain or accident, all you need is physiotherapy!Wait!you don’t even need to be sick or disabled before getting physiotherapy, it can as well be a prophylactic measure aimed at preventing a disease or disability.
Physiotherapy is the therapeutic exercise that is aimed at assessing, preventing and restoring bodily function after a disease or disability.
Physio south covers a whole range of specialties. They include:
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy: caters for the musculoskeletal system as a whole, the tendons, ligaments and joints
- Cardiovascular and pulmonary Physiotherapy: Offers rehabilitation and physical treatment for cardiopulmonary related problems thereby enhancing a level of functional independence.
- Wound Physiotherapy: Includes treatment and management of wounds and other skin related conditions. Common interventions include splinting, exercises etc.
- Geriatric Physiotherapy: This is a therapeutic treatment for aged people mainly because of deteriorating health that comes with a progressive decline in age.
Geriatric Physiotherapy is usually needed in conditions like Alzheimer’s disease , osteoporosis etc.
- Oncology Physiotherapy: Involves continuous care and management of either malignant or non malignant diseases. This is seen as an effective rehabilitation strategy and coping mechanism.
- Pediatric Physiotherapy: They are closely involved in the assessment and early detection of disorders in children. This ranges from developmental, acquired and skeletal disorders.
So you see, there is definitely something for everyone.
Major signs that shows that you need Physiotherapy
- Chronic and recurring pain that has lasted more than 7days.
- Loss of balance
- Stiff muscles
- Sport injuries.
- Urinary incontinence
- Neurological disorder
- Diabetes management.
Benefits of Physiotherapy
- Helps to manage heart and lung diseases.
- Helps prevent deformities.
- Helps Improve mobility
- Strengthens weak muscles.
- Helps to manage age related diseases.
- It helps reduce pain.
- Helps Improve balance.
Techniques implored in Physiotherapy are simple and relatable.
- Patient Education
- Exercises such as swimming and walking
- Heat or ice application which will help soothe and relax the muscles.
- Massage which will help increase blood circulation
- Muscle stretching.
To keep body and mind in shape, you definitely need good Physiotherapy services from Physio south Dunedin, available for everyone ,the young and aged. Get one now!